Tuesday 11 May 2010

UPSURFIN': My Wet Calvin



First things first, I've taken this link and discovered this band through the always fantastic All, Everyone, United so ya'll probably know about this anyway... but for those who don't, you're in for a treat.

My Wet Calvin are a part-shoegaze, part-surf, part-post-punk band from Athens, Greece. (We're getting all multinational on here now, we're going pro.) The first time I heard "Sweet and Sour", it kind of sounded like No Age if they were fronted by Toro y Moi. Seriously, the heavy, jam-laden hypnotic riffs are there but there's just this ever so slight shoegazey, beach pop touch to it. It's like adding a flake to your Mr. Whippy, and just like that addition, it is fantastic.

Get on this ASAP!

My Wet Calvin - All Great Events (via AEU)

P.S. This has to be contender for music video of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment