Tuesday 13 April 2010

Ravenous



Thanks to hits from a pretty sweet blogfriend, I've had a few e-mails today from a couple of cool bands I thought I'd share with my bros. There's some other stuff I plan to post too including some Heavy Hawaii which I will get round too, I've just started a new job and they've had me in 40 hours this week... I'm pretty tired, but the chill and the surf and the sun is keeping me alive. ;)

Ravenous are pretty sweet. Straight out of DC, they make jams I can only describe as sludgey, slimey lo-fi classic rock in a sunny swamp. Think Cloud Nothings if they had been listening to a lot of Boston. Coincidentally 'Highway, Holmes' sounds like something you'd listen to on a hazy sunrise as you're driving along the highway on the first five minutes of yr epic road trip. Good noise bros.

Demos

3 comments:

  1. your blog is hard to read because of the backgouond image, if the post container wasn't transparent then it would be better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm diggin' this shit. I love me some surf tunes. When you're done being busy, you should totally post some Heavy Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete