Thursday 8 April 2010

Small Black



I'm really late on these guys but this EP will blow your mind in to a hazy dreamscape up in surfer heaven. Small Black a Brooklyn, NY four-piece whose most recent adventures include playing as Washed Out's backing band and touring with him and Pictureplane.

The best way I can describe them is through fantastic debut single 'Dispicable Dogs' - think the dreampop-esque, chilled out sandy vibes of Washed Out/Neon Indian but with less electro and more Japanther-like drum beats and lo-fi, cloudy vocals.

"Do it without me, do it when I'm gone"

Small Black - 12" EP



One of my new favourite bands for sure, I can't stop spinning this. Gonna try and find their split with Washed Out and post it up for ya'll.

BUY: Small Black - 12" [CassClub] @ Insound

No comments:

Post a Comment